1. Express each of the following as a fraction :(i) 56% (ii) 4% (iii) 0.6% (iv) 0.008%
2. Express each of the following as a Decimal :(i) 6% (ii)28% (iii) 0.2% (iv) 0.04%
3. Express each of the following as rate percent :(i) 23/36 (ii) 6 ¾ (iii) 0.004
4. Evaluate :(i) 28% of 450+ 45% of 280 (ii) 16 2/3% of 600 gm --- 33 1/3% of 180 gm
5. (i) 2 is what percent of 50? (ii) ½ is what percent of 1/3? (iii)What percent of 8 is 64? (iv)What percent of 2 metric tons is 40 quintals? (v)What percent of 6.5 litres is 130 ml?
6. Find the missing figures: (i)? % of 25 = 20125 (ii) 9% of? = 63 (iii) 0.25% of? = 0.04
7. Which is greatest in 16 (2/3) %, 2/5 and 0.17?
8. If the sales tax reduced from 3 1/2 % to 3 1/3%, then what difference does it make to a person who purchases an article with market price of Rs. 8400?
9. An inspector rejects 0.08% of the meters as defective. How many will be examine to project?
10. Sixty five percent of a number is 21 less than four fifth of that number. What is the number?
11. Difference of two numbers is 1660. If 7.5% of the number is 12.5% of the other number, find the number?
12. In expressing a length 810472 km as nearly as possible with three significant digits, find the percentage error.
13. In an election between two candidates, 75% of the voters cast their votes, out of which 2% of the votes were declared invalid. A candidate got 9261 votes which were 75% of the total valid votes. Find the total number of votes enrolled in that election.
14. Shobha’s mathematics test had 75 problems i.e.10 arithmetic, 30 algebra and 35 geometry problems. Although she answered 70% of the arithmetic, 40% of the algebra, and 60% of the geometry problems correctly. She did not pass the test because she got less than 60% of the problems right. How many more questions she would have to answer correctly to earn 60% of the passing grade?
15. If 50% of (x-y) = 30% of (x+y) then what percent of x is y?
16. Mr.Jones gave 40% of the money he had to his wife. He also gave 20% of the remaining amount to his 3 sons. Half of the amount now left was spent on miscellaneous items and the remaining amount of Rs.12000 was deposited in the bank. How much money did Mr.jones have initially?
17. 10% of the inhabitants of village having died of cholera. A panic set in, during which 25% of the remaining inhabitants left the village. The population is then reduced to 4050. Find the number of original inhabitants.
18. A salesman`s commission is 5% on all sales upto Rs.10,000 and 4% on all sales exceeding this. He remits Rs.31,100 to his parent company after deducing his commission . Find the total sales.
19. Raman`s salary was decreased by 50% and subsequently increased by 50%.How much percent does he lose?
20. Paulson spends 75% of his income. His income is increased by 20% and he increased his expenditure by 10%.Find the percentage increase in his savings.
21. The salary of a person was reduced by 10% .By what percent should his reduced salary be raised so as to bring it at par with his original salary?
22. When the price of a product was decreased by 10%, the number sold increased by 30%. What was the effect on the total revenue?
23. If the numerator of a fraction be increased by 15% and its denominator be diminished by 8%, the value of the fraction is 15/16. Find the original fraction.
24. In the new budget, the price of kerosene oil rose by 25%. By how much percent must a person reduce his consumption so that his expenditure on it does not increase?
25. The population of a town is 1,76,400 . If it increases at the rate of 5% per annum, what will be its population 2 years hence? What was it 2 years ago?
26. The value of a machine depreciates at the rate of 10% per annum. If its present is Rs.1,62,000 what will be its worth after 2 years ? What was the value of the machine 2 years ago?
27. During one year, the population of town increased by 5%. If the total population is 9975 at the end of the second year, then what was the population size in the beginning of the first year?
28. If A earns 99/3% more than B,how much percent does B earn less than A ?
29. If A`s salary is 20% less then B`s salary, by how much percent is B`s salary more than A`s?
30. How many kg of pure salt must be added to 30kg of 2% solution of salt and water to increase it to 10% solution?
31. Due to reduction of 25/4% in the price of sugar, a man is able to buy 1kg more for Rs.120. Find the original and reduced rate of sugar.
32. In an examination, 35% of total students failed in Hindi, 45% failed in English and 20% in both. Find the percentage of those who passed in both subjects.
33. In an examination, 80% of the students passed in English, 85% in Mathematics and 75% in both English and Mathematics. If 40 students failed in both the subjects, find the total number of students.
1. The ratio 5 : 4 expressed as a percent equals : A.12.5% B.40% C.80% D.125%
2. 3.5 can be expressed in terms of percentage as :
3. Half of 1 percent written as a decimal is :
4. What is 15 percent of Rs. 34?
5. 63% of 3 4/7 is :
6. 88% of 370 + 24% of 210 - ? = 118
7. 860% of 50 + 50% of 860 = ?
8. 45% of 750 - 25% of 480 = ?
9. 40% of 1640 + ? = 35% of 980 + 150% of 850
10. 218% of 1674 = ? * 1800
11. 60% of 264 is the same as :
12. 270 candidates appeared for an examination, of which 252 passed. The pass percentage is :
13. 5 out of 2250 parts of earth is Sulphur. What is the percentage of Sulphur in earth ?
14. What percent of 7.2 kg is 18 gms ?
15. 0.01 is what percent of 0.1?
16. What percent of Rs. 2650 is Rs 1987.50?
17. What percent of a day is 3 hours?
18. It costs Re. 1, to photocopy a sheet of paper. However, 2% discount is allowed on all photocopies done after first 1000 sheets. How much will it cost to copy 5000 sheets of paper?
19. A housewife saved Rs. 2.50 in buying an item on sale. If she spent Rs. 25 for the item, approximately how much percent she saved in the transaction?
20. How many litres of pure acid are there in 8 litres of a 20% solution?
21. Rajeev buys goods worth Rs. 6650. He gets a rebate of 6% on it. After getting the rebate, he pays sales tax @ 10%. Find the amount he will have to pay for the goods.
22. Which one of the following shows the best percentage? (information missing)
23. 5% of (25% of Rs. 1600) is
24. 0.15% of 33 1/3 % of Rs. 10,000 is
25. 30% of 28% of 480 is the same as
26. What is 25% of 25% equal to?
27. What percent is 3% of 5%?
28. 4598 is 95% of?
29. ? % of 360 = 129.6
30. ? % of 932 + 30 = 309.6
31. 45% of 1500 + 35% of 1700 = ? % of 3175
32. 65% of ? = 20% of 422.50
33. An agent gets a commission of 2.5% on the sales of cloth. If on a certain day, he gets Rs.12.50 as commission, the cloth sold through him on that day is worth
34. If Rs. 2800 is 2/7 percent of the value of a house, the worth of the house (in Rs.) is :
35. 15% of (?)% of 582 = 17.46
36. √784 +? = 78% of 500:
37. If 120 is 20% of a number, then 120% of that number will be :
38. If 35% of a number is 175, then what percent of 175 is that number?
39. Two-fifth of one-third of three-seventh of a number is 15. What is 40 percent of that number?
40. The difference between a number and its two - fifth is 510. What is 10% of that number?
41. If 15% of 40 is greater than 25% of a number by 2, then the number is :
42. Subtracting 40% of a number from the number, we get the result as 30. The number is :
43. If 35% of a number is 12 less than 50% of that number, then the number is :
44. The number which exceeds 16% of it by 42 is :
45. What percentage of numbers from 1 to 70 have squares that end in the digit 1?
46. By how much percent is four - fifth of 70 lesser than five - seventh of 112?
47. If a number x is 10% less than another number y and y is 10% more than 125, then x is equal to :
48. If 75% of a number is added to 75, then the result is the number itself. The number is :
49. A number, when 35 is subtracted from it, reduces to its 80 percent. What is four - fifth of that number?
50. Which of the following multipliers will cause a number to be increased by 29.7%? a. 1.297 b. 12.97 c. 129.7 d. 1297
51. The sum of two numbers is 2490. If 6.5% of one number is equal to 8.5% of the other, then the numbers are :
52. The sum of two numbers is 28/25 of the first number. The second number is what percent of the first?
53. If 25% of a number is subtracted from a second number, the second number reduces to its five sixth. What is the ratio of the first number to the second number?
54. The difference of two numbers is 20% of the larger number. If the smaller - number is 20, then the larger number is :
55. When any number is divided by 12, then dividend becomes 1/4th of the other number. By how much percent first number is greater than the second number?
56. If one number is 80% of the other and 4 times the sum of their squares is 656, then the numbers are :
57. Two numbers A and B are such that the sum of 5% of A and 4% of B is two-third of the sum of 6% of A and 8% of B. Find the ratio of A : B.
58. Three candidates contested an election and received 1136, 7636 and 11628 votes respectively. What percentage of the total votes did the winning candidate get?
59. The population of a town increased from 1,75,000 to 2,62,500 in a decade. The average percent increase of population per year is :
60. A student multiplied a number by 3/5 instead of 5/3. What is the percentage error in the calculation?
61. A tempo is insured to the extent of 4/5 of its original value. If the premium on it at the rate of 1.3 percent amounts to Rs. 910, the original value of the tempo - is :
62. When 15% is lost in grinding wheat, a country can export 30 lakh tons of wheat. On the other hand, if 10% is lost in grinding, it can export 40 lakh tons of wheat. The production of wheat in the country is :
63. In a competitive examination in State A, 6% candidates got selected from the total appeared candidates. State B had an equal number of candidates appeared and 7% candidates got selected with 80 more candidates got selected than A. What was the number of candidates appeared from each State?
64. The price of a car is Rs. 3,25,000. It was insured to 85% of its price. The car was damaged completely in an accident and the insurance company paid 90% of the insurance. What was the difference between the price of the car and the amount received?
65. Gauri went to the stationers and bought things worth Rs, 25, out of which 30 paise went on sales tax on taxable purchases. If the tax rate was 6%, then what was the cost of the tax free items?
66. A batsman scored 110 runs which included 3 boundaries and 8 sixes. What percent of his total score did he make by running between the wickets?
67. After deducting a commission of 5%, a T.V. set costs Rs. 9595. Its marked price is :
68. A fruit seller had some apples. He sells 40% apples and still has 420 apples. Originally, he had:
69. A person who spends 66 2/3% of his income is able to save Rs. 1200 per month. His monthly expenses(in Rs.) are :
70. In an examination, 35% of the students passed and 455 failed. How many students appeared for the examination?
71. In a market survey, 20% opted for product A whereas 60% opted for product B. The remaining individuals were not certain. If the difference between those who opted for product B and those who were uncertain was 720, how many individuals were covered in the survey?
72. A student has to obtain 33% of the total marks to pass. He got 125 marks and failed by 40 marks. The maximum marks are :
73. In an election a candidate who gets 84% of the votes is elected by a majority of 476 votes. What is the total number of votes polled?
74. In an election between two candidates, one got 55% of the total valid votes, 20% of the votes were invalid. If the total number of votes was 7500, the number of valid votes that the other candidate got, was :
75. At an election involving two candidates, 68 votes were declared invalid. The winning candidate secures 52% and wins by 98 votes. The total number of votes polled is :
76. 10% of the voters did not cast their vote in an election between two candidates. 10% of the votes polled were found invalid. The successful candidate got 54% of the valid votes and won by a majority of 1620 votes. The number of voters enrolled on the voters list was :
77. 8% of the people eligible to vote are between 18 and 21 years of age. In an election, 85% of those eligible to vote, who were between 18 and 21, actually voted. In that election, the number of persons between 18 and 21, who actually voted, was what percent of those eligible to vote?
78. In an election, 30% of the voters voted for candidate A whereas 60% of the remaining voted for candidate B. The remaining voters did not vote. If the difference between those who voted for candidate A and those who did not vote was 1200, how many individuals were eligible for casting vote in that election?
79. Two tailors X and Y are paid a total of Rs. 550 per week by their employer. If X is paid 120 percent of the sum paid to Y, how much is Y paid per week?
80. While purchasing one item costing Rs. 400, I had to pay the sales tax at 7% and on another costing Rs. 6400, the sales tax was 9%. What percent of the sales tax I had to pay, taking the two items together on an average?
81. A student secures 90%, 60% and 54% marks in test papers with 100, 150 and 200 respectively as maximum marks. The percentage of his aggregate is :
82. 1100 boys and 700 girls are examined in a test; 42% of the boys and 30% of the girls pass. The percentage of the total who failed is :
83. In a certain school, 20% of students are below 8 years of age. The number of students 2 above 8 years of age is 2/3 of the number of students of 8 years age which is 48. What is the total number of students in the school?
84. In an examination, 5% of the applicants were found ineligible and 85% of the eligible candidates be longed to the general category. If 4275 eligible candidates belonged to other categories, then how many candidates applied for the examination?
85. Two students appeared at an examination. One of them secured 9 marks more than the other and his marks was 56% of the sum of their marks. The marks obtained by them are :
86. If x is 90% of y, then what percent of x is y?
87. x% of y is y% of :
88. If 20% of a = b, then b% of 20 is the same as :
89. If x% of y is the same as 4/5 of 80, then the value of xy is :
90. If x% of y is 100 and y% of 2; is 200, then find a relation between x and z.
91. If p% of p is 36, then p is equal to :
92. If x% of y is equal to z, what percent of z is x?
93. If x is 80% of y, then what percent of 2x is y?
94. Subtracting 6% of x from x is equivalent to multiplying x by how much?
95. (x% of y + y% of x) = ?
96. If A is 150 percent of B, then B is what percent of (A + B)?
97. If 8% of x = 4% of y, then 20% of x is :
98. If 20% of A = B and 40% of B = C, then 60% of (A + B) is :
99. If x% of a is the same as y% of b, then z% of b is :
100. If A = x% of y and B = y% of x, then which of the following is true?
101. 33 1/3%of a man’s daily output is equal to 50% of a second man’s daily output. If the second man turns out 1500 screws daily, then the first man’s output in terms of making screws is
Directions (Questions 102‐106): A survey of magazine reading habits of the people living in five cities P, Q, R, S and T is summarized in a table given below. The Column I in the table gives percentage of magazine‐readers in each city who read only one magazine a week. The Column II gives the total number of magazine‐readers who read two or more magazines a week. Read the table and then answer these questions:
102. The city with the lowest number of magazine‐readers is:
103. Which city has the highest number of magazine‐readers who read only one magazine a week?
104. The highest number of magazine‐readers in any given city is:
105. How many magazine‐readers in city Q read only one magazine a week?
106. The total number of all the magazine‐readers in the five cities who read only one magazine a week is:
107. Rohit spends 40% of his salary on food, 20% on house rent, 10% on entertainment and 10% on conveyance. If his savings at the end of a month are Rs. 1500, then his monthly salary is
108. Kunal spent Rs. 35,000 in buying raw materials, Rs. 40,000 in buying machinery and 20% of the total amount he had as cash with him. What was the total amount?
109. Gaurav spends 30% of his salary on food article,40% of the remaining on petrol and save 50% of the remaining.If his monthly salary is Rs18,400,how much money save every month?
110. A spider climbed 125/2% of the height of the pole in one hour and in the next hour it covered 25/2% of the remaining height. If the height of the pole is 192 m, then distance climbed in second hour is
111. A man spends 35% of his income on food,25% on children education and 80% of the remaining on house rent.What percent of his income he is left with?
112. From the salary of an officer, 10% is deducted as house rent, 20% of the rest, he spends on conveyance, 20% of the rest he pays as income tax and 10% of the balance, he spends on clothes. Then, he is left with Rs. 15,552. Find his total salary.
113. Aman gave 40% of the amount he had to Rohan. Rohan in turn gave one-fourth of what he received from Aman to Sahil. After paying Rs. 200 to the taxi driver out of the amount he got from Rohan, Sahil now has Rs. 600 left with him. How much amount did Aman have?
114. Sameer spends 24% of his monthly income on food and 15% on the education of his children. Of the remaining salary, he spends 25% on entertainment and 20% on conveyance. He is now left with Rs. 10,736. What is the monthly salary of Sameer?
115. 405 sweets were distributed equally among children in such a way that the number of sweets received by each child is 20% of the total number of children. How many sweets did each child receive?
116. The sum of the number of boys and girls in a school is 150. If the number of boys is x, then the number of girls becomes x% of the total number of students. The number of boys is
117. In an examination of n questions, a student replied 15 out of the first 20 questions correctly. Of the remaining questions, he answered one-third correctly. All the questions have the same credit. If the student gets 50% marks, the value of n is:
118. The salaries of A and B together amount to Rs. 2000. A spends 95% of his salary and B, 85% of his. If now, their savings are the same, what is A's salary?
119. A's marks in Biology are 20 less than 25% of the total marks obtained by him in Biology, Maths and Drawing. If his marks in Drawing be 50, what are his marks in Maths?
120. A salesman is allowed 11/2% discount on the total sales made by him plus a bonus of 1/2% on the sales over Rs. 10,000. If his total earnings were Rs. 1990, then his total sales (in Rs.) were
121. In an examination, there are three papers and a candidate has to get 35% of the total to pass. In one paper, he gets 62 out of 150 and in the second 35 out of 150. How much must he get, out of 180, in the third paper to just qualify for a pass?
122. In a History examination, the average for the entire class was 80 marks. If 10% of the students scored 95 marks and 20% scored 90 marks, what was the average marks of the remaining students of the class?
123. A scored 30% marks and failed by 15 marks. B scored 40% marks and obtained 35 marks more than those required to pass. The pass percentage is
124. The price of a table is Rs. 400 more than that of a chair. If 6 tables and 6 chairs together cost Rs. 4800, by what percentage is the price of the chair less than that of the table ?
125. In a recent survey, 40% houses contained two or more people. Of those houses containing only one person, 25% were having only a male. What is the percentage of all houses, which contain exactly one female and no males?
126. In a city 40% of the people are illiterate and 60% are poor. Among the rich 10% are illiterate. What percentage of the poor population is illiterate?
127. Of the 1000 inhabitants of a town, 60% are males of whom 20% are literate. If, of all the inhabitants, 25% are literate, then what percent of the females of the town are literate?
128. 37½% of the candidates in an examination were girls, 75% of the boys and 62½% of the girls passed and 342 girls failed. The number of boys failed was :
129. 5/9 part of the population in a village are males.If 30% of the males are married,the percentage of unmarried female in the total population is…
130. In a City, 35% of the population is composed of migrants, 20% of whom are from rural areas. Of the local population, 48% is female while this figure for rural and urban migrants is 30% and 40% respectively. If the total population of the city is 728400, what is its female population?
131. The boys and girls in a college are in the ratio 3:2. If 20% of the boys and 25% of the girls are adults, the percentage of students who are not adults is:??
132. A man bought a house for Rs 5 lakh and rents it. He puts 12 1/2 of each month rent aside for repair, pays Rs 1660 as annual taxes and realises 10% on his investment thereafter. The monthly rent of the house is?
133. a debtor can pay 87 paise in the rupees, but if his creditor would take 20 percent of his debts, he could pay them and have rs 42 left .his debts and assets respectively are
134. If the price of a book is first decreased by 25% and then increased by 20%, then the net change in the price will be :
135. The price of a shirt is increased by 15% and then reduced by 15%. The final price of the shirt
136. A number is decreased by 10% and then increased by 10%. The number so obtained is 10 less than the original number. What was the oiginal number?
137. The price of an article was increased by r%. Later the new new price was decreased by r%. If the latest price was Re. 1, then the original price was
138. Peter could save 10% of his income. But two years later when his income is increased by 20%, he could save the same amount only as before. By how much percent has his expenditure increased
139. Madan pays a income tax at the rate of 10%.If his income is increased by 10% and the tax rate increased to 15% his net income would increase by Rs 350.What is Madan's income?
140. Mr. X, a businessman had the income in the year 2000, such that he earned a profit of 20% on his investment in the business. In the year 2001, his investment was less by Rs. 5000 but still had the same income (Income = Investment + Profit) as that in 2000. Thus, the percent profit earned in 2001 increased by 6%. What was his investment in 2000?
141. What percent decrease in salaries would exactly cancel out the 20 percent increase?
142. A number is increased by 20% and then again by 20% .By what % the increased number should be reduced so as to get back to the original number.
143. The price of a T.V. set is decreased by 25% as a result of which the sale increased by 20%. What will be the effect on the total revenue of the shop?
144. The price of tea being increased by 20%, a man reduces his consumption by 20%. By how much percent will his expenses for tea be decreased?
145. Entry fee in an exhibition was Rs. 1. Later, this was reduced by 25% which increased the sale by 20%. The percentage increase in the number of visitors is :
146. The income of a broker remains unchanged though the rate of commission is increased from 4% to 5%. The percentage of slump in business is?
147. In a fraction, if numerator is increased by 40% and denominator is increased by 80%, then what fraction of the original is the new fraction?
148. If the price of petrol is increased by 30%, by how much present a car owner must reduce his consumption in order to maintain the same budget?
149. The price of wheat falls by 16%. By what percentage a person can increase the consumption of wheat so that his overall budget does not change?
150. The price of oil is increased by 25%.If the expenditure is not allowed to increase, the ratio between the reduction in consumption and original consumption is?
151. If the pice of sugar rises from Rs. 6 per kg to Rs. 7.50 per kg, a person, to have no increase in his expenditure on sugar, will have to reduce his consumpion of sugar by
152. Price registers an increase of 10% on food grains and 15% on other items of expenditure. If the ratio of expenditure of an employee on food grains and other items be 2:5, by how much should his salary be increased in order that he may maintain the same level of consumption as before? Assume that there is no saving out of his monthly salary of Rs 2590.
153. A district has 64000 inhabitants. If the population increases at the rate of 2 * 1/2 % per annum, then the number of inhabitants at the end of 3 years will be :
154. If inflation increases at a rate of 8% p.a., what will a Rs. 20 article cost at the end of two years?
155. The population of a town was 1,60,000 three years ago, If it increased by 3%, 2.5% and 5% respectively in the last three years, then the present population in
156. The population of a town 2 years ago was 62,500. Due to migration to big cities, it decreases every year at the rate of 4%. The present population of the town is
157. Depreciation applicable to equipment is 20%. The value of the equipment 3 years from now will be less by
158. The population of a town increases by 5% annually. If its population in 2001 was 1,38,915. What it was in 1998?
159. The value of a machine depreciates at the rate of 10% every year. It was purchased 3 years ago. If its present value is Rs. 8748, its purchase price was
160. In the month of January, the Railway Police caught 4000 ticketless travellers. In February, the number rose by 5%. However, due to constant vigil by the Police and the Railway staff, the number reduced by 5% and in April it further reduced by 10%. The total number of ticketless travelers caught in the month of April was
161. The population of a variety of tiny bush in an experimental field increased by 10% in the first year, increased by 8% in the second year but decreased by 10% in the third year. If the present number of bushes in the experimental fields is 26730, then the number of bushes in the beginning was
162. The production of a company has ups and downs every year. The production increases for two consecutive years consistently by 15% and in the third year it decreases by 10%. Again in the next two years it increases by 15% each year and decreases by 10% in the third year. If we start counting from the year 1998, approximately what will be the effect on production of the company in 2002?
163. The present population of a country estimated to be 10 crores is expected to increase to 13.31 crores during the next three years. The uniform rate of growth is :
164. A building worth Rs 133100 is constructed on a plot of land worth Rs 72900. After how many years will the values of both be the same, if the land appreciates at 10% p.a. and the building depreciates at 10% p.a.?
165. The population of a town increases 4% annually but is decreased by emigration annually to the extent of (1/2)%. What will be the increase percent in 3 years?
166. The current birth rate per thousand is 32, whereas corresponding death rate is 11 per thousand. The net growth rate in terms of population increase in percent is given by :
167. The total population of a village is 5000. The number of males and females increases by 10% and 15% respectively and consequently the population of the village becomes 5600. What was the number of males in the village?
168. A’s income is 25% more than B’s income. B’s income in terms of A’s income is:
169. A’s salary is 40% of B’s salary which is 25% of C’s salary. What percentage of C’s salary is A’s salary?
170. If A’s height is 40% less than that of B, how much percent B’s height is more than that of A?
171. P is six times as large as q. the percent that q is less than p is
172. Two numbers are less than a third number by 30% and 37% respectively. How much percent is the second number less than the first?
173. Two numbers are less than a third number by 30% and 37% respectively. How much percent is the second number less than the first?
174. A’s salary is 40% of B’s salary which is 25% of C’s salary. What percentage of C’s salary is A’s salary
175. 5% income of A is equal to 15% of income of B and 10% of income of B is equal to 20% of income of C. If C’s income is Rs. 2000, then the total income of A, B and C is:
176. Peter earned 40% more money than Albert. Albert earned 20% less than Michael. Peter earned more than Michael by
177. Amit’s monthly income is 30% more than that of Raunaq. Raunaq’s monthly income is 20% less than that of Deepak. If the difference between the monthly incomes of Amit and Deepak is Rs. 800, what is the monthly income of Raunaq?
178. In an examination in which full marks were 800, A gets 20% more than B, B gets 20% more than C, and C gets 15% less than D. If A got 576, what percentage of full marks did D get (approximately)?
179. In an examination, the percentage of students qualified to the number of students appeared from school A is 70%. In school B, the number of students appeared is 20% more than the students appeared from school A and the number of students qualified from school B is 50% more than the students qualified from school A. What is the percentage of students qualified to the number of students appeared from school B?
180. Fresh fruit contains 68% water and dry fruit contains 20% water. How much dry fruit can be obtained from 100 kg of fresh fruits?
181. A large watermelon weighs 20kg with 96% of its being water. It is allowed to stand in the sun and some of the water evaporates so that only 95% of its weight is water. Its reduced weight will be:
182. How much pure alcohol has to be added to 400 ml of a solution containing 15% alcohol to change the concentration of alcohol in the mixture to 32%?
183. Milk contains 5% water. What quantity of pure milk should be added to 10 litres of milk to reduce this to 2%?
184. The quantity of water(in ml) needed to reduce 9 ml shaving lotion containing 50% alcohol to a lotion containing 30% alcohol:
185. To a sugar solution of 3 litres containing 40% sugar, one litre of water is added, The percentage of sugar in the new solution is:
186. One type of liquid contains 20% water and the second type of liquid contains 35% of water. A glass is filled with 10 parts of first liquid and 4 parts of second liquid. The percentage of water in the new mixture in the glass is
187. In some quantity of ghee, 60% is pure ghee and 40% is vanaspati. If 10 kg of pure ghee is added, then the strength of vanaspati ghee becomes 20%. The original quantity was
188. The weight of the container alone is 25% of the container filled with a certain fluid. When some fluid is removed, the weight of the container and remaining fluid is 50% of the original total weight. What fractional part of the liquid has been removed?
189. From a container having pure milk, 20% is replaced by water and the process is repeated thrice. At the end of the third operation, the milk is
190. An empty fuel tank of a car was filled with A type petrol. When the tank was half-empty, it was filled with B type petrol. Again when the tank was half-empty, it was filled with A type petrol. When the tank was half-empty again, it was filled with B type petrol. What is the percentage of A type petrol at present in the tank?
191. A bag contains 600 coins of 25p denomination and 1200 coins of 50 p denomination. If 12% of 25 p coins and 24% of 50 p coins are removes, the percentage of money removed from the bag is nearly:
192. The price of rice is reduced by 2%. How many kilograms of rice can now be bought for the money which was sufficient to buy 49 kg of rice earlier?
193. A reduction of 21% in the price of wheat enables a person to buy 10.5 kg more for Rs 100. What is the reduced price per kg?
194. Due to an increase of 30% in the price of eggs, 3 eggs less are available for Rs. 7.80. The present rate of eggs per dozen is
195. The price of sugar having gone down by 10%, Sharad can buy 6.2 kg more for Rs 279. The difference between the original and the reduced price(per kg) is:
196. In an examination, 34% of the students failed in Mathematics and 42% failed in English. If 20% of the students failed in both the subjects, then the percentage of students who passed in both the subjects was
197. 40% of the people read newspaper X, 50% read newspaper Y and 10% read both the papers. What percentage of the people read neither newspaper?
198. Out of 450 students of a school, 325 play football, 175 play cricket and 50 neither play football nor cricket. How many students play both football and cricket?
199. In a hostel, 60% had vegetarian lunch while 30% had non-vegetarian lunch and 15% had both types of lunch. If 96 people were present, how many did not eat either type of lunch?
200. There are 600 boys in a hostel. Each plays either hockey or football or both. If 75% play hockey and 45% play football, how many plays both?
201. In a certain office, 72% of the workers prefer tea and 44% prefer coffee. If each of them prefers tea or coffee and 40 like both, the total number of workers in the office is:
202. In an examination, 65% students passed in Civics and 60% in History, 40% passed in both of these subjects. If 90 students failed in History and Civics both, then what is the total number of students?