121)In AMY company,the probability that an employee takes a sick leave as well as a casual leave in a month is 0.15. The probability that an employee takes a sick leave in a month is 0.45. What is the probability that the employee would take a casual leave given that he would take a sick leave?
a.0.33 b.0.42 c.0.66 d.0.7
122) When a local train travels at a speed of 60kmph, it reaches the destination on time. When the same train travels at speed of 50kmph, it reaches its destination 15mnts late. What is the length of journey?
a. 75kms b. 50kms c. 60kms d. 85kms
Ans. let the time taken by a train when it takes 60kmph is x.when it takes 50kmph will be (x+15)
So distance , 60x=50(x+15)
Distance= Speed * Time = (60* 75)/60 ( Convert minutes to hours by dividing with 60)
option (a) is correct.
123) Give the greatest pair of twin primes which are below 100?
a. 71, 73 b. 93, 95 c. 97, 99 d. 87, 89
124) In an examination involving quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning, 65% examinees cleared quantitative aptitude test while 70% cleared logical reasoning test. If 50% examinees passed both the tests, then how many failed in both tests? a. 35% b. 15% c. 30% d. 20%
Ans. no of students who passed in atleast one subject:
If total students are 100 .no of students who failed in both subjects = total students-students who passed in atleast one subject.i.e.,100-85=15
So option (b) is correct.
125) A sum of money triples itself at compound interest in 3 years. In 9 years it will be
a. 6 times the principle b. 12 times the principle c. 18 times the principle d. 27 times the principle
126) 3 friends Gerard, Rooney and Ronaldson work together to dig a hole. Gerard alone can complete the work in 10 days, Rooney in 8 days and together all three can complete it in 4 days. They earn a total of Rs. 1,200. Find the share of Rooney if the money that they receive is proportional to the work that they do?
a. Rs.480 b. Rs.165.51 c. Rs.500 d.Rs.600
Ans: Ronaldson can complete work in 40 days ( ¼ - 1/10 -1/8)
Rooney share is 1200/2 = 600
127) The number which should be subtracted from 5a^2-3ab+7b^2 to make it equal to a^2+ab+b^2 is
a. 4a2-4ab+6b2 b. 4a2-4ab+5b2 c. 4a2+4ab+6b2 d. 4a2-3ab+6b2 e.None of the above
Option a is correct.
128) Given that the interest is only earned on principle, if an investment of Rs.1000.00 amounts to Rs.1440.00 in 2 years, then what is the rate of interest earned?
a. 20% b. 22% c. 21% d.11% e. 44%
So the answer is 20%.
Option (A) is correct.
129)If nc5=nC0, then find the value of n.
a. n=0 B. n=1 C. n=5 D. n=10
Ans: Ans. nC5=nCn-5=nC0
n=5 so option (c) is correct
130) A bag contains 5 oranges, 4 bananas, a apples. Rohit wants to eat a banana or an apple. He draws a fruit from the bag randomly. What is the probability that he will get a fruit of his choice?
A. 3.5/12 B. 7/12 C.5/12 D.None of the above
Ans. total fruits are 12.
Chances to select banana or apple is: 4+3=7
So option (b) is correct.