Select the word or phrase which best express the meaning of the word
(C) Turn away
(D) Lead towards
Select the word or phrase which best express the opposite meaning of the word
In the question each passage consists of six sentences. The first and sixth sentences are given in the beginning. The middle four sentences have been removed and jumbled up. These are labeled P, Q, R and S. Select the paper order for the four sentences.
1) S1: Rajeev and his friends went for river rafting.
S6: Later they all came to know that he is aqua phobic.
P: Rajeev forced him to have some medicine.
Q: They tried persuading him to join them for rafting, but he had severe stomach ache.
R: Which he refused adamantly.
S: Among all his friends, Kunal backed out at the last moment.
2) S1: Venice is strange and beautiful city
S6: This is because Venice has no streets.
P: there are about four hundred old stone bridges joining the island of the Venice.
Q: In this city there are no motor cars, no horses, and no buses.
R: There are small islands near one another.
S: it is not an island, but hundred and seventeen islands
3) Form a meaningful sentence
A- You should create
B- In situation that have
E-The space for
In the question, a part of the sentence is italicized. Alternatives to the italicized part are given which may improve the construction of the sentence. Select the correct alternative.
1) Get out of the building! It sound like the generator is going to explode.
(A) It is sounding like the generator is going to explode
(B) It sounds like the generator is going to explode
(C) It sounds like generator exploded
(D) No change
2) The quality and texture of jeans produced in California would be very good.
(A) Produced in California are very good.
(B) Produced into California is very good.
(C) Produced in California is very good.
(D) No improvement needed
3) I said to my teacher that I was not well and wanted to leave early
(A) I told my teacher that I was not
(B) I said to my teacher that I am not
(C) I told to my teacher that I am not
(D) no improvement needed
4) Munnar is the most refreshing and tranquil hill station in the state of Kerala.
(A) Is the most refreshing and tranquillity
(B) Is the most refresh and tranquil
(C) Is a most refreshing and tranquil
(D) No improvement needed
5) For as long as she could remember, Divya has loved to cook, to dance, and until her poor vision made it impossible for her to do so.
(A) To cook, to dance, and, until her poor vision made it impossible for her to do so
(B) Cooking, to dance, and, until her poor vision made it impossible for her to do so
(C) Cooking, dancing, and, until her poor vision made it impossible for her to do so
(D) To cook, to dance, and, until she lost her vision
(E) Cooking, dancing, and, until she lost her vision
The sentence given in the question, when properly sequenced, from a coherent paragraph. Each sentence is labeled with a number. Choose the most logical order of sentences from among the four given choices to construct a coherent paragraph.
1) 1. Much of the argument that goes on around the alternative solution occurs because people hold different perceptions of the problem.
2. One of the reasons that Japanese managers are perceived as making superior decisions compared to western managers is that they spend great deal of effort and time determining that the problem is correctly defined.
3. Unfortunately, too often in the West, managers assume that the initial definition of the situation is correct.
4. Up to half the time in meetings is spent in asking “Is this the real problem?