1. A man can row upstream at 7 kmph and downstream at 10kmph.find man’s rate in still water and the rate of current. ( 8.5kmph, 1.5 kmph)
2. A man takes 3 hours 45 minutes to row a boat 15 km downstream of a river and 2hours 30minutes to cover a distance of 5km upstream. Find the speed of the river current in km/hr. (4kmph, 2kmph)
3. A man can row 18 kmph in still water.it takes him thrice as long to row up as to row down the river. Find the rate of stream. (9kmph)
4. There is a road beside a river. Two friends started from a place A, moved to a temple situated at another place B and then returned to A again.one of them moves on a cycle at a speed of 12 km/hr, while the other sails on a boat at a speed of 10 km/hr. If the river flows at the speed of 4 km/hr, which of the two friends will return to place A first? (Cyclist)
5. A man can row 7 ½ kmph in still water. If in a river running at 1.5 km/hr an hour, it takes him 50 minutes to row to a place and back, how far off is the place? ( 3km)
6. In a stream running at 2kmph, a motor boat goes 6km upstream and back again to the starting point in 33 minutes. Find the speed of the motor boat in still water. (22 kmph)
7. A man can row 40km upstream and 55km downstream in 13 hours also, he can row 30km upstream and 44km downstream in 10 hours. Find the speed of the man in still water and the speed of the current. (3 kmph)
1. In one hour, a boat goes 11 km along the stream and 5 km against the stream. The speed of the boat in still water (in km/hr) is:
2. A man can row upstream at 8 kmph and downstream at 13 kmph. The speed of the stream is:
3. A man rows downstream 32 km and 14 km upstream. If he takes 6 hours to cover each distance, then the velocity (in kmph) of the current is:
4. A boat running downstream covers a distance of 16 km in 2 hours while for covering the same distance upstream, it takes 4 hours. What is the speed of the boat in still water?
5. A boatman goes 2 km against the current of the stream in 1 hour and goes 1 km along the current in 10 minutes. How long will it take to go 5 km in stationary water?
6. A man can row three - quarters of a kilometre against the stream in 11 ¼ minutes. The speed (in km/hr) of thejnan in still water is:
7. A man takes twice as long to row a distance against the stream as to row the same distance in favour of the stream. The ratio of the speed of the boat (in still water) and the stream is:
8. A boat running upstream takes 8 hours 48 minutes to cover a certain distance, while it takes 4 hours to cover the same distance running downstream. What is the ratio between the speed of the boat and speed of the water current respectively?
9. If a boat goes 7 km upstream in 42 minutes and the speed of the stream is 3 kmph, then the speed of the boat in still water is:
10. A man's speed with the current is 15 km / hr and the speed of the current is 2.5 km / hr. The man's speed against the current is:
11. If a man rows at the rate of 5 kmph in still water and his rate against the current is 3.5 kmph, then the man's rate along the current is:
12. A boat can travel with a speed of 13 km / hr in still water. If the speed of the stream is 4 km / hr, find the time taken by the boat to go 68 km downstream.
13. Speed of a boat in standing water is 9 kmph and the speed of the stream is 1.5 kmph. A man rows to ta place at a distance of 105 km and comes back to the starting point. The total time taken by him is:
14. The speed of a boat in still water is 15 km / hr and the rate of current is 3 km / hr. The distance travelled downstream in 12 minutes is:
15. A man can row at 5 kmph in still water. If the velocity of current is 1 kmph and it takes him 1 hour to row to a place and come back, how far is the place?
16. A boat takes 19 hours for travelling downstream from point A to point B and coming back to a point C midway between A and B. If the velocity of the stream is 4 kmph and the speed of the boat in still water is 14 kmph, what is the distance between A and B?
17. A man can row 9 1/3 kmph in still water and finds that it takes him thrice as much time to row up than as to row down the same distance in the river. The speed of the current is:
18. A boat covers a certain distance downstream in 1 hour, while it comes back in 1 ½ hours. If the speed of the stream be 3 kmph, what is the speed of the boat in still water?
19. A motorboat, whose speed is 15 km/hr in still water goes 30 km downstream and comes back in a total of 4 hours 30 minutes. The speed of the stream (in km / hr) is:
20. The speed of a boat in still water is 10 km / hr. If it can travel 26 km downstream and 14 km upstream in the same time, the speed of the stream is:
21. A boat takes 90 minutes less to travel 36 miles downstream than to travel the same distance upstream. If the speed of the boat in still water is 10 mph, the speed of the stream is:
22. A man rows to a place 48 km distant and back in 14 hours. He finds that he can row 4 km with the stream in the same time as 3 km against the stream. The rate of the stream is:
23. A boat covers 24 km upstream and 36 km downstream in 6 hours while it covers 36 km upstream and 24 km downstream in 6 ½ hours. The velocity of the current is:
24. At his usual rowing rate, Rahul can travel 12 miles downstream in a certain river in 6 hours less than it takes him to travel the same distance upstream. But if he could double his usual rowing rate for his 24 - mile round trip, the downstream 12 miles would then take only one hour less than the upstream 12 miles. What is the speed of the current in miles per hour?